CPU offers a variety of choices to fit customers’ budgets and payment preferences
Since new year’s resolutions often include financial goals, Clarksdale Public Utilities is reminding customers that they can choose from a variety of billing and payment programs to gain more control over their household budgets.
“Giving customers more choices about how and when they pay bills adds value to their CPU service and makes it more convenient for them to do business with us,” said Liz Haynes, CPU customer service supervisor. “These services are also free, and it’s easy to sign up.”
CPU’s programs and services include:
- Pick Your Due Date: Customers can pick from five different due dates during the month to receive their utility bills. This allows them to time their bills with the arrival of paychecks and other income sources, providing peace of mind that they’ll have funds on hand when payments are due.
- Level Billing: This is ideal for customers on fixed budgets who prefer having more consistent, predictable bills throughout the year. Level Billing averages the past 12 months of consumption and allows customers to pay that amount each month, meaning they pay roughly the same amount every time and don’t get surprised by high bills during peak usage seasons.
- Monthly Draft: This option is great for customers who are comfortable having utility payments automatically debited from their bank accounts. CPU accepts ACH bank drafts and credit card drafts.
- Service Reestablishment Plan: For customers whose service was cut off due to an unpaid bill, CPU offers a solution that helps them reestablish accounts in their own names and pay off unpaid bills in six- to nine-month installments added to their bills.
- PowerLine: On CPU’s online portal, customers can check balances, pay bills electronically and sign up for alerts to let them know when bills are due or past due. Alerts also relay information to customers about outages and estimated times for service restoration.
CPU also offers a payment installment program for customers who experience water leaks that cause high water bills. In addition, CPU strives to work with customers who are experiencing financial difficulties and provides payment extensions up to 10 times a year per customer.
Haynes encouraged customers to drop by the CPU office and speak with a customer service representative to learn more about CPU’s customer-oriented programs and services. Customers who have questions or need assistance may contact CPU at 662-627-8499.
Clarksdale Public Utilities is a municipally owned utility serving approximately 6,800 homes and businesses in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Its mission is to safely provide sustainable electric, water and wastewater services in a reliable and courteous manner by well-trained team members, committed to top quality, efficient operations, competitive rates and the vitality of the community.
Learn more at http://cdpu.net.